recipes.in

Top Food Blogs

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spaghetti in cheese & cream sauce

So this one is a real quick fix and doesn't really need any fancy ingredients. It's quite a flexible recipe and very easy to play around with depending on what you have at home. I made it for dinner today and munched on it with a can of happiness (read Coke).

For one person you definitely need:


  • Spaghetti - A handful ( I just grabbed enough to fit my fist and it was just a slightly bigger portion that what I usually can eat)
  • Cheese - Any kind really except mozzarella/ stringy cheese. It should basically melt in the sauce. I had 2 cubes of processed cheese and a few smallish (1/2" inch) chunks of cheddar. And I like my pasta cheesy so I put it all in. You can cut down on cheese a bit if you want
  • Italian seasoning - Use anything really. I had some leftover oregano and chilli flakes from a pizza I ordered yesterday. So in went 1 small pack (abt 1 tsp) of oregano and a similar portion of chilli flakes
  • Olive oil/ butter - 1 tsp
  • Milk - 1/2 cup with some cream in it
  • Onion - 1 small - finely chopped
  • Salt - to taste
How to make it:

  1. Heat a large pan of water and add spaghetti to it once it comes to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes approx. Check often to see how much you want it cooked. Some want it al-dente and some like it slightly softer. 
  2. Drain spaghetti and put in a pan of cold water.  
  3. Meanwhile, heat oil/butter & fry the onion till translucent
  4. Add milk and cheeses and cook till the cheese melts
  5. Add oregano, chilli flakes and salt. Bring to a boil. 
  6. Add spaghetti and toss well
  7. Serve hot with a slice of garlic toast
Tips to make it better
If you have some more ingredients you can mix and match and make it better
  • Got any garlic? Crush and fry it with the onion (step 3 above)
  • Fresh coriander? I feel it really goes well with pasta. Give it a quick whirl in the blender, without water. Add to the sauce in step 5 above
  • You can use black olives as garnish while serving



No comments:

Post a Comment